Saturday, May 28, 2011

true life: I'm a carboholic.

I'm pretty sure my body needs twice as many carbs as it does protein; where normal people need meat, I'll be happy with crackers or bread.


One of the foods I crave the most when I'm away from home is potatoes. ANY kind of potatoes. They just don't keep in a dorm situation.


I've been toying with the idea of frying my own french fries, a Main family staple, or my own hash browns.


Tonight, though, I went with my favorite version of the potato: roasted.


After consulting Google, which has a handy recipe function, I concocted a winner.


Sami's Potatoes:



  • Dice two small potatoes.
  • Mince/roughly chop two cloves of garlic.
  • Chop as much onion as you'd like.


Next, you need some seasoning in order to roast!

  • (About) 1/4 cup of butter, melted
  • Dashes of parsley, rosemary and thyme.
  • Pinches of salt and pepper.


Put the chopped vegetables in your roasting pan of choice. Pour the seasoned butter blend over. Mix together so that everything gets coated.

Bake at an oven set to 360 degrees for 30-40 minutes, depending on how brown and soft you'd like your potatoes to be. 



However, I know I can't run on just carbs. And thankfully I come from a family of excellent salad makers. My Nana makes the healthiest salads that are chock full of delicious things seen below.



Sami's Salad:
  • However much lettuce/salad mix as you'd like
  • Chopped strawberries, a handful of blueberries
  • Handful of sunflower seeds, handful of craisins
  • Mix with a vidalia onion salad dressing


No comments:

Post a Comment