Tuesday, May 24, 2011

healthy is not boring, sorry

I've had some apples sitting in our fruit basket for a while. Pretty sure the only way to tell if apples have gone bad is by squeezing them every day and making sure they're not mushy. These are still far from mushy, but they're not doing anybody any good just sitting there.


So I wanted to make an apple salad! I remembered these lemon glazed cookies I made a couple weeks ago; the glaze was just lemon juice and powdered sugar. (Cookies here.)


I dumped a small amount of granulated sugar in a bowl and squeezed the juice of one lime over it. Combine via whisking and add two chopped apples. Stir together; enjoy.


You guys have no idea.



Because I wanted breakfast for lunch, I had this apple salad with a slice of banana pineapple bread, bought at a local farmer's market, with Nutella on top.


If I could put Nutella on everything, I would eat everything.


Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment