Thursday, June 30, 2011

what I've been having for frenchfast

As a newly christened "morning person", breakfast has become one of my favorite meals. If I could eat a breakfast pastry for every meal, I would be the happiest.


Because I don't have a delicious, French pastry shop in my kitchen (I'm assuming I'll become a master baker one day and eventually make my own), I've been trying to find ways to make breakfast a little fancier than usual.


Apparently that means adding Nutella and strawberries to otherwise normal breakfast items.


Maybe these ideas can help start your day off delicious and full of chocolate!


Tuesday: Croissants avec Nutella
  • Cut into your croissants like you were going to cut them in half, but don't cut all of the way.
  • Put them in the toaster oven for two minutes maximum (or quickly heat in the microwave).
  • Spread Nutella in the pocket you made in each croissant.
  • Slice a couple of strawberries to enjoy on the side; you may also choose to put them in your "sandwich".
Wednesday: Bagel avec Nutella et la gelĂ©e
  • Separate one bagel and toast/heat however you prefer.
  • Spread Nutella on one half and jelly on the other (I used a local boysenberry spread).
  • Enjoy one half at a time, or however you prefer.
Thursday: Gaufe (waffle) avec Nutella
(I've been wanting to do this one for a while)
  • Toast/heat until they've reached your desired level of crispiness.
  • Instead of using butter, just spread Nutella
  • Slice strawberries to enjoy on the side.
Good news! Foodlettes now has a Facebook page. Follow this link or check out the button at the top of the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment