Tuesday, June 21, 2011

these bagels are more than just "bites"

I'm one of those people that relies heavily on Bagel Bites as a major food group. That sounds a bit extreme, but during the school year, they're usually on my grocery list.


I also love bagels (though I still tend to grab Pop Tarts in the morning) and all the yummy things you can eat with them. They're kind of like a food chameleon, or whatever.


Anyways, you should definitely make your own "bagel bites" when you get the chance. More satisfying and just as easy to make!







What You'll Need:

  • a bagel
  • some pizza sauce
  • choice of cheese and toppings


I cooked mine in our toaster oven at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes on a handy foil sheet.

  • Spread about a spoonful of pizza sauce on each half of a bagel.
  • Sprinkle a couple pinches of cheese over everything. (I didn't add any other toppings to mine, but this is when you would add them.)
  • Make sure your toaster oven is up to temperature, or as close as you can tell, and put your bagels in the oven.


I forgot to accurately time how long it was in the toaster oven, so you might want to start watching it around 5 minutes if you don't like all that deliciously toasted cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment