Tuesday, July 19, 2011

did I bake an apple?

Well, kind of.


This is a generally pretty easy recipe, as all of mine tend to be.


Here's what I did; it wasn't perfect, but it was still dang tasty!


What You'll Need:

  • an apple
  • about 1/8 C brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • handful of Craisins
  • pat of butter



How to Cook:
  • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  • Somehow core your apple.
  • Stuff the apple with brown sugar, cinnamon and Craisin mixture.
  • Place the pat of butter on top of the stuffed apple.
  • The apple should be in a small, oven-safe dish. Fill the dish with a little water, enough to come up about halfway up the apple.
  • Bake for 15 minutes.
  • After letting the apple cool for a minute and then somehow transfer to a bowl.
  • Enjoy!

Now, when I cored my apple I used a paring knife. I almost got the core out beautifully but then the apple split. Oh well! I kept the apple together the best that I could. 
When I took the apple out of the oven, it looked like a crazy apple soup; perhaps too much water? Oh well! I put the apple into a bowl and spooned the liquid in/around it. That's where all of the sugar and Craisins had gone and that's the important part!

I almost forgot the most important step!
  • Eat two or three doughnut holes while you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment